Thứ Hai, 13 tháng 5, 2013

Planning some "How-to" Videos for the 2nd Gen Cube

I just ordered some new lights so that I can create some new videos that will, hopefully, enhance your user experience with the 2nd Generation Cube.

Some of the topics that I know I want to cover deal with the Cubify options and how they affect your print job.  Another would be some observations about the CubeStick glue.  And, of course, we'll deal with clearing filament flow errors that all extrusion 3D printer users see from time to time.

As you can imagine, I often have people contacting me with some problem they've experienced.  More often than not, these problems could have been avoided or at least minimized by taking some care in how the filament, cartridges and the Cube are handled.  

In fact, I've victimized myself by not realizing that there is a way to insert the cartridge that puts less stress on the small contacts in the Cube.  It turns out that the cartridge should be carefully ROTATED into place.  If we shove it straight back, without rotating, we can jam the cartridge into the little metal clips, stressing them to the point of potential failure.    OK.  Drop the potential.  I now know that shoving the cartridge straight back can result in actual failure.  Not fun.

I know because after 30+ cartridges, I just did that very thing.  Haste makes waste.... sigh...

Fortunately, it's an easy fix for me because I have the proper equipment and experience *.  So, I should not be down long.  But, you can bet I will be a LOT more careful in the future when it comes to loading a cartridge.

There are some video ideas that might be helpful; but, present some risk that should be stressed.  Things like how to open up the Cube to replace the contact switch falls into that category.  While I can show this operation I hesitate to do so unless the viewer is full informed of the potential consequences.  Opening up the machine probably completely voids the warranty.  And, it's possible to damage the board if the wrong solder or soldering iron is used.  But, even so, I might be convinced to show some of these things as long as people realize they follow suit at their own risk.  I want to be helpful... not sued.  LOL!

The best way for me to know what would be most helpful for you is to hear from you.  So, please feel free to chime in and offer suggestions. :)

*  The proper tool is a very fine miniature soldering iron that is suitable for removing and replacing surface mount parts.  De-Solder wick is also helpful.




0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét