Thứ Sáu, 7 tháng 11, 2014

Cube3 Firmware Update is Already Available

IMPORTANT NOTE:  When the firmware update is complete you will be asked something like "Press the Button to Restart".  In my experience, a single button press does not automatically restart the printer.  It turns the printer off.  I then seem to have to press and HOLD the button again to accomplish the restart.  I will check this with Cube Support on Monday.

No sooner than I had uploaded my last post, than I saw that a new firmware update was available for the Cube3.   The latest firmware version, at this time, is 1.08B

Just as I have been writing, the Cube team is being very proactive at listening to us and quickly addressing those issues they have spotted or that users have reported from the field.

I urge everyone to upgrade their firmware to this latest version.

If you have the Cube3 connected to WiFi, the update is very easy.  Just go to "Setup", select the symbol that looks like a memory chip and press to check to see if you have the latest firmware update,  If not, it will download and install the update for you.

I have no idea, as yet, all the areas this firmware targets; but, it is my understanding that one of its functions is to refine the auto-gap process for even greater precision.

It takes a while to download and install; but, it should be well worth it.

I can say this with confidence because of my experience with firmware updates for the Cube 2.  With each firmware update from the date it was released, the Cube 2 became an incrementally and substantially better printer with noticeable improvements in print quality.

Although it's hard to imagine what they could do to improve the already beautiful print quality of the Cube 3, I expect the same overall improvements in the user's experience from the Cube team with the Cube 3 firmware updates.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét