Thứ Hai, 10 tháng 11, 2014

Firmware Updates for Cube3's NOT on WiFi.

I never connected my 1st or 2nd generation Cubes via WiFi.  And, while I now have my personal 3rd Generation Cube connected via WiFi, I do NOT expect to be able to connect via WiFi in our Youth Challenge classrooms

At the time of this writing, those operating their Cube3 printers without being connected via WiFi, must contact Cubify Support to have the firmware files and documentation sent to you via email. 

My most recent update was over WiFi.  But, my first firmware update was applied using a USB drive.  The printer is capable of being updated either way.

I suspect that they are interested in determining how many people do want or cannot use the WiFi option.  Perhaps, keeping track of requests for updates makes this easier.

I am told that Cubify Support usually replies within 12 hours during weekday hours anywhere in the world.  In rare cases this could extend to 24 hours.  I have no idea what the response time is on the weekends; but, I do know some support personnel check in from home even when they are technically off.

If you experience delays greater than 24 hours from weekday queries, please let me know, because it could indicate problems in the system with which they are not aware.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét