Thứ Hai, 29 tháng 12, 2014

My Priority for the Next Added Firmware Feature

There are any number of things we could wish for as additional functions available through the touch screen display on the Cube 3.

But, having spent a lot of time seriously exploring LEVEL and GAP on the Cube 3, it is becoming clear that having one simple additional function stands out as a priority.

Manual Print Plate Height Placement as a Single Control Function

It takes time to examine ROLL and GAP on the Cube 3.  With the Cube 2, the print jets were right out front and clearly visible.  The print jets are deep within the structure of the Cube 3 and very difficult see without adding light from the front or back of the printer.

Setting the ROLL on the Print Jet Housing is an iterative process.  While it can be done with Auto Gap, we must go though the Auto functionality completely before being able to manually control the Print Table height.  And, even then we face some time-out issues.

It would be nice to have the ability to control the height of the Print Table as a single function, without it being connected to either Auto Level or Auto Gap.  It would certainly make it easier to examine the setup of our printer more easily and quickly.  All we would need is up and down arrows for control.

I fully expect to get to the place where Auto Level and Auto Gap work flawlessly every time.  And, on the most recent releases of Cube 3 machines, I am certain that is already the case.  But, right now, I could use a bit of added manual functionality to make this 3D printer absolutely perfect.

It is such a wonderful 3D printer, it deserves nothing less.  In fact, if someone were to approach me and offer to exchange this printer for an even newer one, I would turn them down.  It's like my 1st Gen Cube in that we have gotten to be good friends that understand each other.  I've thoroughly enjoyed getting to know my Cube 3.  And, I'm DEFINITELY enjoying its 70 micron precision.  I'd just like to have a tab bit more manual control at times.  :)

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét