Thứ Bảy, 6 tháng 12, 2014

PLA_GAP.CUBE3 should be PLA_GAP.cube3

Thank Dave Touretzky of Carnegie Mellon for this find....

If you were sent a test print file by support, called PLA_GA_.CUBE3 or ABS_GAP.CUBE3 and neither the Cubify Client nor the Cube 3 would recognize it as a valid file. all you have to do is rename the file to change the upper case "CUBE" to a lower case 'cube'.

Go figure....

I ran into it right away.  But, I don't have a PhD like Dr. Touretzky.  So, I just shrugged my shoulders and abandoned trying to print it.  LOL!

This confirms the wisdom of one of the principles I have followed for years.. "Always hang around with people that are smarter than you!"

Trust me.  It pays.  Dr. Touretzky just proved it.  :)

Thanks, Dr. Touretzky.  But, one has to wonder how 3D Systems got it to work.... hmmmm.

SIDE NOTE:  

Now that I was able to print the gap test object, it confirms to me that the issues we are having with clogs are simply filament based.  I printed the test print in black PLA and the results were beautiful  This is the very same gap I was using when I clogged 3 different cartridges  That, in an odd way, is good news in two ways.  First, that my gap is now correctly set and secondly that I can expect the new filament to work just fine to put the clogging issues behind us.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét